MGA Communications and Media Intern
Reports To: MGA Communications Director
Job Function: The Communications and Media Intern plays a key role in the production of news content for the MGA’s website, www.mngolf.org. The MGA’s website functions as a news bureau and information portal for the Minnesota golf scene with a special emphasis on amateur golf, especially MGA activities, programs and championships. The Communications and Media Intern’s primary responsibility is to coordinate golf news and information on the MGA’s website and social media channels. The MGA conducts 24 amateur golf championships each season, from mid-May through late September. In addition to these, the website covers approximately another 50 amateur and professional golf tournaments throughout the year. This position is part-time, seasonal (approx. 650 hours per season).
- Advanced knowledge of the game of golf.
- Knowledge of AP Style Guidelines.
- Application of MGA Grammatical Usage Manual for all golf-related content.
- Demonstrate sound news judgement.
- A proficiency in crafting news content for the web and under deadline.
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Photo and video skills desirable.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and video editing software desirable.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite of software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Transportation, smartphone.
- Assist the MGA Communications Director.
- Utilize MGA custom software tools to ensure the website content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Leverage mngolf.org news content with other MGA channels: social media, digital communications, and the MGA’s official publication, Minnesota Golfer magazine.
- Manage MGA online photo library/photo archives.
- Update annual MGA Media Guide content (photos, news, etc.), as needed.
- Document (photo, video or newswriting) other MGA programs, as needed.
- Attend various golf tournaments, senior tour and member days’, as needed.
- Assist other MGA departments, as needed.
Compensation: $12/hour (eligible for overtime after 40-hour work week).
To Apply: Complete form, click here.
Questions? Contact W.P. Ryan, MGA Communications Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 952-345-3966
Deadline: Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Revised: Nov. 27, 2019