MGA Women's Golf Manager
About the MGA:
Founded in 1901, the Minnesota Golf Association is the governing body over amateur golf in the state, responsible for administering the Rules of Golf, and committed to uphold and promote the game of golf and its values for all golfers in Minnesota. The MGA conducts 23 major amateur championships and 14 USGA qualifying events each year. Thanks to the support of its member clubs and associate members, and the efforts of its volunteers and staff, the MGA provides a variety of services such as handicapping, course rating and measuring, an online golf news and information resource, mngolf.org, and an official publication, Minnesota Golfer magazine, which benefits all golfers throughout Minnesota.
The Women’s Golf Manager manages women’s and girls’ MGA championships, special events and tournaments, and USGA qualifiers. The position also entails executing programs and initiatives as identified by the women’s golf committee. This is a full-time, hourly position.
- Prior experience and knowledge of all aspects of golf tournament administration is preferred
- Rules of Golf knowledge preferred with goal of achieving and maintaining Expert certification status
- Ability to learn and use job-related software programs and web-based applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and GHIN admin portal and Golf Genius tournament management products
- Possess excellent customer service skills and be able to communicate both orally and in written formats to players, volunteers and club staff
- Strong organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and patient individual with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience with website content management preferred
- Competitive playing experience preferred
- Forward positive thinking mindset to help grow women’s golf
- College degree
- Develop, monitor and work within the budget of the women’s tournament department
- Manage MGA women’s and girls’ competitions including state championships, special events and tournaments, and USGA qualifiers
- Perform pre-tournament administrative activities in Golf Genius Software, including all communication with host club and tournament participants and preparation of all tournament-related printed materials
- Update tournament landing pages on MGA website
- Perform on-site tournament administrative duties such as starting, scoring, and managing volunteers
- Perform media duties at tournament site including disseminating press releases and tournament results
- Attend PGA/USGA Rules of Golf workshops
- Ensure MGA Player Points and World Amateur Golf Rankings are up-to-date and accurate
- Serve as liaison to women’s golf committee
- Execute programs and initiatives as identified by the women’s golf committee, Fore the Ladies and Junior Girls’ Clinics
- Answer and respond to phone calls, emails, Rules questions, etc.
- Supervise the MGA/USGA P.J. Boatwright Operations – Women’s Golf Intern in all functions of his/her position, including employment issues and reviews
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Full benefits package including medical, dental and vision
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Mileage and cell phone reimbursement
- Association logo apparel provided
- Perform highly detailed work under changing, intensive deadlines on multiple concurrent tasks
- Interact with co-workers at all levels, vendors, players and volunteers
- Regularly required to use written and oral communication skills with various audiences
- This position often works in an outside golf course environment spending several hours a day in various weather conditions
- This position frequently works in an office environment, sometimes for a prolonged period of time
- Physical demands in preparing for and administering a competition might include course marking, setting tee markers, loading/unloading of tournament supplies and equipment from a vehicle and serving as a Rules official in various weather conditions.
- This position requires travel throughout the state of Minnesota, and ability to travel including overnight and some weekends
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Contact Lisa Overom, email@example.com, or (952) 345-3967.
To apply for this job complete our online application.