Senior Tour News
2021 MGA SENIOR TOUR FINALS - Qualifiers & Alternates Announced
Friday, September 3, 2021
Congratulations to our qualifiers and alternates for the 2021 MGA Senior Tour Finals to be held at TPC Twin Cities on Monday, September 27.
Eddie Manderville Celebration of Life - July 28, 2021
Friday, July 30, 2021
On July 28, 2021 a Celebration of Life for Eddie Manderville was hosted at the Theodore Wirth Chalet. Space was limited for the invitation only event with approximately 100 attendees. Great memories and stories were shared about Eddie, a longtime MGA volunteer, committee member, and active player in championships and the Senior Tour. A beautiful program was created about Eddie.
Click here to read and view the program,
In Celebration of Life - EDDIE MANDERVILLE, A Minnesota Golf Icon.
Donations are also being taken in Eddie's memory for the Fairway Foundation, an MGA Allied Association with the mission to provide youth in the Twin Cities structured programs focused on education & recreation instilling the values inherent in the game of golf: honesty, self-reliance, sportsmanship and integrity.
Donations are being taken on the Fairway Foundation website or can be mailed to: Fairway Foundation, Attn: Erick Goodlow, 636 Aurora Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55401.
Let the 2021 Senior Tour Season Begin!
Friday, April 30, 2021
The 2021 Senior Tour Hats have arrived and are ready to adorn this season's members!
A few reminders as we kick off our season on Monday, May 3:
- Don't forget to update or download the free USGA Tournament Managent app on your phone for scoring. When you arrive to check in for each event you'll get a GGID code unique to your tee group that day. When meeting your tee group before teeing off decide who will be keeping score for your group and try to take turns keeping score each week.
- Please be considerate of all players and keep up a good pace of play... allow for good social distancing, have awareness for each player's comfort level regarding smoking and help each other out regarding rules of golf and pace of play. If your group falls behind, do EVERYTHING you can to catch the group infront of you in a timely manner. It is up to you to protect the field and keep a good flow on the course.
- Is your GHIN number active for the 2021 season? Please be sure your GHIN# is active with an MGA course at least two weeks prior to your first event. An active GHIN# in another state will not work for the MGA Senior Tour. It must be active in Minnesota.
- Late entries are not possible. Please keep up with the entry deadlines for each event listed on our Senior Tour schedule grid. Last minute changes make it difficult to administrate our events and provide an optimal golf experience for everyone.
- Please, no pairing requests. With so many events occuring in the Senior Tour it is just not possible for us to meet those requests. One of the great benefits of playing in the Senior Tour is to meet players from all over the region who you may not have played with before or that often. Be sure to sign up for our team event at Grand View Lodge in July to play with a specific partner.
- Senior Tour Hats - you'll receive your free hat at your first event. We hope you like this year's styles!
- HAVE FUN and we're looking forward to a great season!
Tuesday, March 23, 2021
We lost a member of our Senior Tour family last week. Tom was a 14 year member of the Senior Tour (2004-2017) playing primarily in the Western section. Tom was a pleasure to be around and was also a Senior Tour helper. He especially liked giving out the Senior Tour hats at the opening events each season. Tom, you will be missed.
2021 Event Registraton is OPEN
Friday, February 26, 2021
Beginning on Monday, March 1 at 8:30 a.m. (CDT), registration is open for all MGA qualifiers, championships, member days, Senior Tour events, MPGA & Twin Cities championships.
Click here to register for events/championships online.
- Regular & All section 1-DAY events are NOT filled on a first-come, first served basis. All entries received by each event entry deadline will go into a random drawing to determine a waitlist ONLY if an event is oversubscribed. If a player does get waitlisted for an event and does not get into the event due to a withdrawal, that player will receive a designation to not be waitlisted again during the 2021 season.
- ALL Section TWO-DAY events ARE filled on a first-come, first served basis.
Madden's, Grand View Lodge, Dacotah Ridge, and Little Crow events.
- Make sure your GHIN handicap is good to go for 2021. An active GHIN handicap index is required no later than 2 weeks prior to your first Senior Tour event. For other championship/event entries your GHIN handicap index has to be active when you submit an entry.
- Registration for non-priority/general players begins Thursday, July 1 at 8:30 a.m. Only exempt/priority players can sign up for the Senior Amateur Championship beginning March 1.
- As of January 19, a digital profile is required to be able to post a score on GHIN mobile or online. It is easy to set up. You just need to verify your email address and create a password that is associated with your GHIN record.
- Click here to set up your digital profile if you have not done so yet.
- Click here for frequently asked questions about your GHIN Digital Profile
2021 Senior Tour Membership Sign-Up Begins!
Monday, February 1, 2021
We're excited to start getting the 2021 season rolling! Sign-up for your Senior Tour membership today so you'll be all set when event registration opens at the beginning of March.
Printable Membership Application
Please contact Tristan with any questions,
firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-345-3978.
Mark Your Calendars!
Thursday, January 28, 2021
Start planning your Minnesota golf season!
The 2021 schedule is out! See links below...
Printable MGA Senior Tour Schedule
MGA Member Days
Twin Cities Net Four-Ball Championship
Twin Cities Senior Championship
Minnesota Senior Open
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
We lost long-time Senior Tour member, Eddie Manderville on November 19. Eddie was an 18 year member of the Senior Tour from 1997-2004 and 2009-2018 playing in the Eastern, Western and Super Senior sections. He was always a vibrant person at MGA events and a favorite in any tee group!
A memorial service for Eddie is being planned for next summer. Memorials are asked to go to the Fairway Foundation. Memorials can be sent to the Fairway Foundation, PO Box 80658, Minneapolis MN 55408 Or via paypal at email@example.com (please put in notes "Eddie Manderville")
Fairway Foundation website
MGA article about Eddie Manderville...
WCCO feature about Eddie Manderville and BWOC...
African American Golfer's Digest article about Eddie Manderville...
2020 Senior Tour Finals Results & Season Wrap Up
Friday, October 2, 2020
Congratulations to our 2020 MGA Senior Tour Finals Champions and to all of the finalists who qualified!
Click here for complete Senior Tour Finals results and photo gallery.
*Low Gross round of the day **Low Net rounds of the day
2020 Senior Tour Finals Champions
Listed in order of photo included.
- Ken Gerzsenyi**, Eastwood GC - 39 pts
SENIOR DIVISION/GROSS SECTION - 1st NET
- Leif Carlson*, Keller GC - 38 pts
SENIOR DIVISION/GROSS SECTION - 1st GROSS
- John Mozina, Eastwood GC - 36 pts
MASTER DIVISION/SUPER SENIOR SECTION - 1st GROSS
- Betsy Aldrich, Woodhill CC -25 pts
WOMEN'S SECTION - 1st GROSS
- Vicki Burns, University GC - 33 pts
WOMEN'S SECTION - 1st NET
- Terry Kochendorfer**, Emerald Greens GC - 39 pts
MASTER DIVISION/SUPER SENIOR SECTION - 1st NET
-MGA Senior Tour Staff
Joel, Tristan, Karen, Guy, Bill, Dave & Mark
Congratulations 2020 Senior Tour Finals Qualifiers & Alternates!
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
It is hard to believe that the 2020 season is coming to a close! Thank you to all who have played this year especially in a time with lots of changes and adjustments. We feel very fortunate to have been able to play our Senior Tour season this year!
We are pleased to announce our list of Senior Tour Finals Qualifiers and Alternates for this season. Qualifiers are invited to the Finals to be held at White Bear Yacht Club on Monday, September 21.
As a prize for stellar play over the season, qualifiers play for free and compete to be a champion in each Senior Tour division including Senior, Master, Super Senior, Women's and Gross.
Qualifiers are asked to reply ASAP if you can play on Monday including whether you prefer to walk or ride. Alternates are also asked to reply whether you would be able to play if an opening becomes available with walk or ride preference.
PLEASE RSVP BY WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16.
Follow along with live scoring on Monday and be sure to check out our photo gallery from the Finals later next week.
Click here for a complete list of qualifiers and alternates...